The Network For Good is yet another online site with information on making charitable donations, either for yourself or as gifts for family and friends. This site has some good tips for making contributions online:
- Find your match: The Internet has made it possible to research, access and donate to more charities than ever, so take advantage of the choices and find causes closest to your heart. At Network for Good, you can search our GuideStar database of more than one million charities by topic, name and zip code.
- Know where your money is going: Make sure the organization you want to support is in good standing by looking at an organization’s financials and ratings on our site and understand how your gift will be used.
- Stretch your dollar: Check to see if your employer has a matching gift program. It can make your holiday donations go further.
- Give your time: One of the most rewarding things you can do is donate your time and skills to a beloved cause and feel the satisfaction of making difference first hand. Through Network for Good, you can access more than 34,000 opportunities at Volunteer Match.
- Think out of the (gift) box: If you’re out of gift ideas, consider making donations to charity in honor of the people on your holiday list. It’s a great way to express the holiday spirit and show you – and they – care for those less fortunate. We’ll send an eCard to people notifying them of your gift in their name.
- Check for security and privacy: You should always confirm that the charity you are accessing online uses appropriate security measures. By using Network for Good, you can be assured your donation will be made safely and your personal information will not be shared with others without your permission.
- Hang onto your receipts: When you donate through Network for Good, you get an emailed confirmation of your gift that meets IRS requirements, plus an account that keeps a record of your donations.