The National Patient Safety Foundation has a Web site with medical safety publications and videos. The Foundation attempts to improve medical safety by educating doctors, stay, and patients alike. Quoting for the Web site:
The National Patient Safety Foundation is the indispensable resource for individuals and organizations committed to improving the safety of patients.
- Patient safety is central to quality health care as reflected in the Hippocratic Oath: “Above All, Do No Harm”.
- Prevention of patient injury, through early and appropriate response to evident and potential problems, is the key to patient safety.
- Continued improvement in patient safety is attainable only through establishing a culture of trust, honesty, integrity and open communications.
- An integrated body of scientific knowledge and the infrastructure to support its development are essential to advance patient safety significantly.
- Patient involvement in continuous learning and constant communication of information between care givers, organizations and the general public will improve patient safety.
- The system of health care is fallible and requires fundamental change to sustainably improve patient safety.