I’ve been attending TECHSHOW, presented by the American Bar Association almost since the beginning, many years ago. It’s always a highlight of my year. The enormous amount of technical information presented is only one reason to attend. Equally important to me is the opportunity to meet in person with many of the friends I correspond with online.
This is one event that lawyers can’t afford NOT to attend. Now is the time to learn about new technologies and new methods of doing business.
I think TECHSHOW is absolutely wonderful, and I recommend it very highly. It’s aimed more toward the solo and small firm lawyer, but there are seminar tracks for IT specialists and Big Law members as well. The exhibit area is fascinating and the hallway conversations are always fun. Check it out at TECHSHOW.com.
Here are some details, provided by the ABA:
- ABA TECHSHOW is the world’s premier legal technology CLE conference & expo. The three-day CLE conference is attended by more than 1,500 professionals each year and produces more than 50 legal technology CLE programs and training sessions in fifteen topical tracks.
- The ABA TECHSHOW 2009 is presented by the ABA Law Practice Management Section, April 2-4, 2009, once again at the Hilton Chicago, in the magnificent Windy City!
- TECHSHOW offers something for everyone—from new solos to large firm partners, from tech beginners to advanced IT directors—there are educational sessions for all. With plenty of “networking” time to talk with other lawyers and experts on the technology issues facing your firm.
- The social networking and marketing with technology sessions, alone, are well worth the price of admission. These seminars will help you generate new clients and new business from existing clients.
- The growth of eDiscovery is not stopping due to recession, so lawyers must continue to learn and update their knowledge.
- The sessions feature the best of the best in legal technology. Practicing lawyers and nationally-known legal technologists sharing practical strategies and ideas to build new business and make your firm or offices more efficient and cost-effective.
- Expand your referral network by meeting other lawyers from around the country. Build relationships at organized activities such as TECHSHOW After Dark for entertainment, food and drinks. Participate in the Taste of ABA TECHSHOW and dine with speakers and other attendees at one of several Chicago restaurants.
- Friday, April 3 is Solo & Small Firm Day, offering lawyers in these firms a special one-day admission with two all-day tracks of seminars especially for small firms.
- ABA TECHSHOW also features a two-day expo. Learn about the latest products and services in the Expo Hall, featuring more than 100 companies providing the latest hardware, software, and technology services to attorneys and law firms.
- Meet product and service vendors who may have more knowledge and experience than your local representative. No one wants to make a mistake buying the wrong software for the entire office. Make sure you are getting the right information before you buy!
- One-day passes are available at discounted registration fees. Super passes are also available for groups up to 10 persons from the same firm or for ANY group of 10 people (submitting their registrations together and one 1 check) for one flat rate!
- Attendance to the Expo Hall only is free with an Expo Hall Pass.
- Take advantage of the world’s premier legal technology CLE conference and expo at a substantial discount by registering before the February 28, early-bird deadline.
- This year’s featured keynote is Richard Susskind, author of The Future of Law, and his new sequel, The End of Lawyers?, who has 25 years of legal technology experience, and serves as Chair of the Advisory Panel on Public Sector Information and has been IT Adviser to the Lord Chief Justice of England.