I’ve linked before to the American Gastroenterological Association. Here’s a similar organization, the American College of Gastroenterology, with additional resources for those who suffer from digestive difficulties. Here’s a description from the site:
The mission of the American College of Gastroenterology shall be to advance the medical treatment and scientific study of gastrointestinal disorders. The College will strive to serve the evolving needs of physicians in the delivery of high quality scientific, humanistic, clinical, ethical, and cost-effective health care to gastroenterology patients.
Our goals are:
- To provide continuing medical education to clinicians through scientific publications, meetings, and multimedia, web-based offerings;
- To represent the clinician in national and local health care policy issues to ensure that the best interests of patient care and clinical medicine are served;
- To promote and provide assistance in education to clinical gastroenterologists and fellows-in-training in cost-effective, efficient, and high quality practice management;
- To promote, encourage and support clinical research in gastroenterologic disorders through the ACG Institute for Clinical Research;
- To be a source of educational information for patients with gastrointestinal disorders and their families and to provide liaison with patient advocacy organizations for those with gastrointestinal and hepatic disorders.