Here’s a frightening story — almost 2,000,000 baby monitors produced by Summer Infant have been recalled because two children strangled in their cribs after getting tangled in the devices’ electrical cords. What a terrible thing for a parent to face. This announcement was made by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. One of the deaths was in Washington, and the other in South Carolina. The monitors were sold at Babies “R” Us stores from September 2009 to May 2010 for about $200, the CPSC said.
The CPSC urged parents to check the location of all electrical cords on any devices to make sure they are out of the reach of infants and toddlers.