Call Us - We're Easy to Talk To (214) 999-9999

Emergency Room Admissions for Children Swallowing Magnets Soar

CBS News reports a study the Annals of Emergency Medicine found a five-fold increase between 2002 and 2011 in the number of emergency room cases of children ingesting magnets. When more than one magnet is swallowed the intestinal walls can be pinched, leading to inflammation, ulceration, holes ripped in the intestines. Without treatment, “these conditions could lead to sepsis – a dangerous bodily response to bacteria – or death.” Furthermore, without seeing a child swallow a magnet, “it could be tough to tell what’s causing their illness,” as the symptoms “appear flu-like and include nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.”

From the American Association for Justice news release.

Bob Kraft

I am a Dallas, Texas lawyer who has had the privilege of helping thousands of clients since 1971 in the areas of Personal Injury law and Social Security Disability.

About This Blog

The title of this blog reflects my attitude toward those government agencies and insurance companies that routinely mistreat injured or disabled people. As a Dallas, Texas lawyer, I've spent more than 45 years trying to help those poor folk, and I have been frustrated daily by the actions of the people on the other side of their claims. (Sorry if I offended you...)

If you find this type of information interesting or helpful, please visit my law firm's main website at You will find many more articles and links. Thank you for your time.

Find us on your preferred network