There are millions of car crashes annually in the U.S. When you get into a car accident, you may not be knowledgeable about what to do. The experience will be scary; however, a car accident lawyer can help you handle everything.
Below are the reasons why you should seek representation after being involved in a car accident.
The Attorney Will Liaise with the Insurance Company on Your Behalf
Insurance companies want to increase their profit margins, ensuring that they have issued the lowest settlements to the car accident victims. The insurance firm can also deny a claim that is valid.
If you have not dealt with an insurer before, there is a high likelihood that you will be denied what you’re owed. You might also be lured into issuing a statement, and your liability will be in question afterward.
A personal injury attorney will assist in the following ways:
- They will handle the entire claim
- They will negotiate with the adjuster
- They will prepare the verbal and written statements on behalf of the client
- They will focus on your best interests as they also ensure that your compensation rights have been upheld
Ensure that you have hired an attorney who is experienced when it comes to handling car accident cases. They should also be knowledgeable about how to negotiate with an insurance firm. An experienced litigator should also be conversant with adjuster tactics.
Keep in mind that each case is different, and it should be approached in a particular manner considering the results will vary.
The Liability for the Injuries Sustained Should Be Proven
It is somewhat hard to prove that the other party was responsible for the victims’ injuries. If a person has been hurt by another, they should be liable for compensation.
Although proving everything is hard, an experienced attorney will go through the provided evidence and piece everything together. They will learn more about the person who caused the accident, and they will come up with a solid case on behalf of the clients.
To gather enough evidence, the attorney will:
- Ask for the accident report
- Consult medical experts who will provide evidence about the injuries sustained
- Gather the medical records for the healthcare practitioners who interacted with the victim
- They will reconstruct the scene of the accident
- The witnesses will be interviewed
The right evidence should be presented before the attorney. An experienced lawyer understands what they need to build a solid case.
Author information: Emma Sturgis is a freelance writer based out of Boston, MA. She writes most often on health and education. When not writing, she enjoys reading and watching film noir. Say hi on Twitter @EmmaSturgis2.