Call Us - We're Easy to Talk To (214) 999-9999

4 Benefits of Seeking a Bail Bond After Being Arrested

If someone you know has been arrested, the only way that their situation can change is to get them out of custody. This is where bail bonds come into play. In most instances, defendants will qualify for bail. This ensures that they will be able to be freed from prison while their case is being decided.

However, to be released, bail must be posted. The total bail figure in many cases will be in the thousands. If you don’t have that kind of cash, or even if you do, a bail bond might be a much safer choice. Here are four benefits of seeking a bail bond.

Save Time

When you hire when seeking bail, you will save a lot of time. With a bail bond service you won’t have to go through mountains of confusing documents on your own to make bail for a loved one. This implies that a bail agent would be able to get your loved one out of custody as soon as possible.

Save Money

When you pay cash bail, you expect to get your cash back, but this does not always happen. If the individual you posted bail for skips court, you will forfeit the money, and court fines can be deducted from the overall amount returned to you. You only incur a 10% one-time charge with a bail bond, leaving you with the remaining 90% to spend on an attorney or other needs.

Opportunity to Handle Issues

Posting bail and returning home allows you to attend to family matters. Depending on the circumstances, you will be able to look after your kids, go to work, or handle other necessities while you await your trial.

Suppose you expect a prison sentence after your case. In that case, you may need to use this opportunity to plan long-term childcare, consider somebody to take care of your house or sublease your rental, discuss a leave of absence with your employer, and make any other necessary arrangements. Managing all of this while still waiting for a trial from a county jail can be difficult, if not impossible.

Less Likely to Unintentionally Make Incriminating Statements

Waiting for a hearing may be difficult, and you may want to discuss your case with others. Unfortunately, if you say the wrong things to other inmates or a jail employee, you can implicate yourself. To be secure, pay bail, go home, and discuss your issues privately with your attorney or family members.

When you are arrested and charged with a felony, the courts will usually set bail for you. You should pay this fee to be released from jail, or you will be detained before your hearing. You should work with a bail bonding agency if you have insufficient funds for your bail.

Author information: Emma Sturgis is a freelance writer based out of Boston, MA. She writes most often on health and education. When not writing, she enjoys reading and watching film noir. Say hi on Twitter @EmmaSturgis2.



Bob Kraft

I am a Dallas, Texas lawyer who has had the privilege of helping thousands of clients since 1971 in the areas of Personal Injury law and Social Security Disability.

About This Blog

The title of this blog reflects my attitude toward those government agencies and insurance companies that routinely mistreat injured or disabled people. As a Dallas, Texas lawyer, I've spent more than 45 years trying to help those poor folk, and I have been frustrated daily by the actions of the people on the other side of their claims. (Sorry if I offended you...)

If you find this type of information interesting or helpful, please visit my law firm's main website at You will find many more articles and links. Thank you for your time.

Find us on your preferred network